Green Tea Lemonade
Looking for a refreshing way to keep cool this summer? Let green tea transform this classic lemonade, adding body and flavour with satisfaction guaranteed~ Yummy.
What You Need:
- Roughly 25 grames of our Organic Japanese Sencha Green Tea
- 1 Lemon or 2 limes
- Cane Sugar (or your sweetener of choice)
- Small cooking pot
- Measuring cup
- Measuring teaspoon or scale
- Lemon peeler or zester
- Tea filter or fine strainer
- Pitcher or container (at least two litres large)
Green Iced Tea Base
Add 10 grams (8 teaspoons) of green tea per litre of cold water (filtered, if possible) and leave it to steep in the refrigerator for 12 hours then filter or strain out the loose tea leaves.
Lemon or lime concentrate
- ½ cup (125ml) cane sugar (organic, if possible)
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- Zest and juice of a lemon or two limes (organic, if possible)
In a small cook pot bring the water and the sugar to a boil over medium-high heat and stir to dissolve the sugar. Rinse the citrus with cold water. In a small bowl, peel or grate the zest, avoiding the white pith. Cut the citrus in halves and press or squeeze out the juices into the same bowl. Once the sugar has dissolved, remove the pot from the heat and add the juice and zest, giving it a mix. Let cool for 10 minutes, filter out any lemon bits.
Your concentrate will keep in an air-tight container for 3 to 4 weeks in the refrigerator or can be frozen to use later!
Mix It Up!
Add 100ml of your lemon concentrate to each litre of iced tea and mix well. Once prepared, the lemonade will keep for 5 days in the refrigerator.